Sunday, December 21, 2008

Where your tax dollars went!

Banks that are getting taxpayer bailouts, awarded their top executives nearly $1.6 billion in salaries, bonuses, and other benefits last year, an Associated Press analysis reveals.

The rewards came even at banks where poor results last year foretold the economic crisis that sent them to Washington for a government rescue. Some trimmed their executive compensation due to lagging bank performance, but still forked over multimillion-dollar executive pay packages.

Read on here:-
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/executive_bailouts

I am appalled about this & if you are too, write to your Senators & Representatives about it & demand accountability..

4 comments:

flying fish said...

accountability...have to wait for my convicted felon senator to step down and the new one take his place. The other senator was given her seat by her father, and our Rep. is spending thousands (millions?) to keep his ass out of prison!

Ellen said...

That sucks but is a real sign of the (Bush) times, eh?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have been following this all closely. (I am one of those bleeding heart liberal. But active politically.) What I find more appauling is that they got the money and can't even account for where it went!! Wondering who got bought off with our tax $$.

Ellen said...

I can't vote as I am not a citizen but my DH is also a liberal & I guess I am too. You sure have to wonder who paid who off & yes with our tax dollars for sure. Someones head should go for this fiasco!!