Sunday, January 31, 2010

Here I am again, at last..

I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged..

I have arthritis in my thumb joint & I'm waiting to see if my health insurance will approve a scan of the joint, so that the orthopedic dr can then decide what is the best action to take. I cannot take pain meds & the OTC ones don't do a real lot to relieve the pain.

I have trouble picking things up & holding a needle is painful so I have not been beading lately. In fact I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself & I ate way too much of the things I should not have & managed to put 8 pounds back on, after losing 17 pound early last year! Of course that made me feel worse & so goes the not so merry-go-round.

Then to make matters worse I fell at work about 2 weeks ago, I slipped on a wet patch on the floor & landed on my back. I've had a sore back since then & pains down my left leg, I believe it is my sciatica - I can't sit for very long nor can I stand for too long & of course I cannot take anything to help with the pain Grrrr

I am waiting now for L&I to approve my claim so I can start PT to help relieve this. Man do the wheels turn slowly at L&I!! I go back to see my dr again on Tuesday - I have also been off work since this happened & my sickpay has covered me to date but what the heck is going to happen when that runs out??

Oh well a new week starts tomorrow so maybe things will fall into place for me, at least I can hope, right?

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hi Ellen :
I love your things, I might have to order one of those cats.
I am sorry your thumb is acting up. I have a ganglion cyst on my thumb joint that swells up every now and then and gets stiff and makes it hard to work. The it goes away as mysteriously as it comes.
I hope you can get relief soon, so you can make more pretty things !

Kath said...

You must be a bit spooky Ellen. Only yesterday, I was thinking I would make a scarf ring, using the green "tigers eye" you gave me. I got to thinking you had not posted for some time, and here you are!
I am sorry your thumb is bad. I had a bad choulder all summer and I know how constant "nagging" can bring you down.I do hope it will all get sorted out soon. best wishes from England

Ellen said...

Thank you Kathryn, I have been busy admiring your work - a mutural admiration society, eh? LOL

Hi Kath, yup I'm psychedelic ~ grin. You have crossed my mind several times in the past few months ;) I am pleased you have found a use for that bead, it really is quite delicious isn't it? Sorry to hear about your shoulder, one of my sisters has had both shoulder joints replaced & is now virtually pain free but of course does not have the movement she had before - such is life I guess ~ sigh