Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Beading & STUFF

Back in Nov 2004 a group of online beading friends (about 30) from 8 different states & Canada got together for a Retreat at the beach where I live. We had a super time, 3 days nights of beads & laughter, friendships were born & memories were created. We also started a Beaded Doll Round Robin, which because life happens has been extended several times but is nearing the end at last. I am working on the final doll to come to me & should have her on her merry way by Monday all being well & good. Then I can get my head around my BJP page for June ;9

This weekend is the Relay for Life & I signed up for the team from the Assisted Living Center where I work.. I am fortunate as no one in my family has had Breat Cancer but I have friends who are survivors & have lost one friend & it is for Crystal that I am walking.

Speaking of walking, I am finally losing weight - I've been using the gym at work since February & not only am I losing weight, I've also lowered both my cholesterol & blood sugar. It feels good to know I am doing the right thing for my body, it took me long enough tho - laughing at self.

I am also getting caught up with my gardening chores but there are still a good number of plants waiting for bigger pots or to be planted somewhere. I took a bunch of photos of my garden last week & must put them here so I can share them

Oh yes & my friend Joslyn who just welcomed her third beautiful son into the world, also won the Bead Art 'Through the Looking Glass' challenge, with her piece 'The Red Queen' Congratulations Jos!

4 comments:

s said...

Hi Ellen, you seem to have a very busy schedule ahead of you. I would love to see the dolls your working on and your garden pictures. I just finished posting some of my progress on my page and my progress on my patio which seems to have gotten connected to me doing this journal.
I can't wait to see your BJP page.
Congratulations to your friend. I saw those pieces they where all wonderful.

Ellen said...

Thanks Sunni, I can't show pics of the dolls yet as they need to get home to their Mommies first but I have taken pics of them all after I worked on them. I will share a link to them all once the RR is over tho
It is drizzly here today so I will work at getting the dollhere with me finished so she can head off to the next one to work on her

s said...

Missing seeing you post.
Hope all is well with you.
Sunni

s said...

Still miss seeing you post and when you come back wanted to let you know there where some new pics of the baby birds.
Sunni